Home » Posts tagged 'Inspirational' (Page 2)
Tag Archives: Inspirational
DID YOU FAIL (AGAIN)?
Have you ever fired, terminated, or laid off an employee?
We are all aware of some fundamental scope of circumstances, differences, or rational for letting someone go.
– Perhaps, there is a criminality factor – we can not save everyone.
– Violating Company policy or procedures – aka (we don’t like you).
– Maybe, the funding ran out for the project – two notable failures at the same time.
Discussing the issue of criminality in the workplace. We are concerned that those who violate the law, should be punished and should not be working with you. However, a deeper reflection could be the result that you are not offering a living wage, but instead a working wage.
* You didn’t take the time to speak to all employees or learn about THEM. Looking inward vice outward.
There could also be a personality conflict on the arisen, you let someone go because they violated a Company policy or procedure.
* You decided not to teach and reinforce the training.
The money simply ran out.
* You simply failed to plan, therefore you planned to fail.
Possible solution to these issues – the exist interview.
Here the leader and the employee need to interviewed. An open discussion as to who, what, where, when, and why the failure occurred.
* How else do you expect to grown as a leader?
* The leader should also write a letter of recommendation for the employee. This should be presented to the employee at the time of the interview. Yes, for everyone!
If you fancy yourself a leader, then you should already know that a leadership position is not 9 – 5 role. With the after hours phone calls, emails, or call outs. The trials and tribulations that your staff faces on the day-day business aspects.
Moreover, the stresses of being a leader intertwines with your personal life, creating havoc and chaos with the ones that you love the most can often be very frustrating.
Solution here – is to find an alternative stress reducer that is not self-destroying.
Still, employees leave either by design or by your epic failure of leadership. The key to being a leader is to actually care about those you wish to lead. Get involved, ask questions, be concerned. While, we can not solve everyone’s issues, but it does not mean we do not care. Just maybe, all you need to do is to listen.
The purpose of this post, is to spark real conversations.
Lead, follow, or get out of the way!
Act as an adviser or a instructor more so than a boss. Assign and delegate work based on talents and interests, but also contest their comfort zones.
Give your support, provide resources, and remove barriers to change. Think twice when people settle with you; show you value independent thinking and reward people who challenge you.
Guide your team in the direction you want the group to go by setting a vision, strategy, and goals. Encourage them to bring their best by expressing your passion by relating tasks to a greater purpose.
It happens habitually and subconsciously, whether the performance is positive or negative—people will follow your pattern. General public will strive to be like you.
Do you have a particular leadership style?